1. Controller - means PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Targowa 74, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 8th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number KRS 0000037568, NIP (Tax Identification Number): 113-23-16-427, REGON (Business Registry Number): 017319027, which provides services by electronic means and which stores and gains access to information on the User's devices.
2. Cookies - means computer data, in particular small text files, saved and stored on devices through which the User may use the Websites.
3. Controller's Cookies - means Cookies placed by the Controller and related to the provision of services by electronic means by the Controller through the Website.
4. Third-Party Cookies - means Cookies installed by the Controller's partners through the Website.
5. Website - means a website or application through which the Controller runs its website, such as www.plk-sa.pl, www.linie-kolejowe.pl, portalpasazera.pl.
6. Device - means an electronic device through which the User accesses the Website.
7. User - means an entity for which services may be provided by electronic means or with which an agreement for the provision of services by electronic means may be concluded in accordance with the Regulations and legal provisions.
II. Types of cookies used
1. Cookies used by the Controller are safe for the User's Device. In particular, it is not possible that viruses or other unwanted software or malware enter the User's Devices through this channel. These files make it possible to identify the software used by the User and to adjust the Website to each User individually. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they are sent, time of their storage on the Device and assigned value.
2. The Controller uses two types of cookies:
a. Session Cookies: they are stored on the User's Device and remain there until the end of the session of a given browser. The recorded information is permanently deleted from the memory of the Device. The mechanism of session cookies does not make it possible to collect any personal data or any confidential information from the User's Device.
b. Persistent cookies: they are stored on the User's device and remain there until they are deleted. Ending the session of a given browser or turning off the Device does not delete them from the User's devices. The mechanism of persistent cookies does not make it possible to collect any personal data or any confidential information from the User's Device.
3. The User can limit or disable the access of cookies to their devices. In case of choosing this option, the User will be able to use the Website, except for the functions that require cookies due to its nature.
III. Purposes for which Cookies are used
1. The Controller uses its cookies for the following purposes:
a. Website configuration
I. optimisation of the use of the Website,
II. identification of the device of the Website User, customisation of the Website to the User's individual needs,
III. saving settings selected by the User and personalisation of the User interface, e.g. in terms of the selected language or region from which the User comes
IV. font size, website appearance etc...
b. Execution of processes necessary to ensure full functionality of the website
Optimisation of the use of the Website; in particular, these files make it possible to identify the basic parameters of the User's Device and properly display the website adjusted to the User's individual needs;
c. Analysis and research, audit of viewing rates
Creation of anonymous statistics which help us to understand how the Website Users use the Website, which in turn allows us to improve its content and structure;
d. Ensuring the security and reliability of the Website
2. The Controller uses Third-Party Cookies for the following purposes:
a. presentation of multimedia contents on the Website, which are downloaded from external websites:
- www.youtube.com [Controller of Cookies: Google Inc. with its registered office in the USA]
b. collection of general and anonymous statistical data with the use of analytical tools:
- Google Analytics [Controller of Cookies: Google Inc. with its registered office in the USA]
3. At www.plk-sa.pl there is a plug-in to share articles published on the website of PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. on Facebook accounts (profiles) .
4. The website www.plk-sa.pl contains remarketing tags to create personalised ads that are displayed for people logged on Facebook.com.
IV. Possibility of determining the conditions of storing or gaining access through Cookies
1. The User can, independently and at any time, change settings related to Cookies by specifying the conditions of storing and gaining access to the User's Device through Cookies. The User can change settings, which are referred to in the preceding sentence, through the web browser settings or service configuration. These settings may be changed to block the automatic handling of cookies in the web browser settings or inform about each installation of Cookies on the User's Device. Detailed information on the possibility and manners of handling of cookies is available in the software settings (web browser).
2. The User may delete cookies at any time by using functions available in the web browser it uses.
V. Personal Data Protection
1. Data controller
PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe Spółka Akcyjna, hereinafter referred to as the Company, with its registered office in Warsaw (03-734) at ul. Targowa 74, is the Data Controller.
2. Processing of personal data
Personal data are processed through this website based on the consent given directly by the User. The scope of personal data processed varies depending on the forms available on this website. When the User visits the websites, information concerning the User's visit, such as IP address, domain name, browser type, operating system type etc., is automatically collected.
3. Rights of data subjects;
The Company shall ensure the execution of the rights arising from the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJ L 119, 2016, pp. 1-88), hereinafter referred to as the GDPR, and in particular the right to request access to one's data as well as to rectify, erase or limit the processing of such data, the right to object to the processing of data, and the right to transfer data. Moreover, the Users have the right to withdraw their consents at any time, but the withdrawal of such consents is not retroactive, i.e. it does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of their personal data, which was carried out by the Company before the withdrawal of their consents, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, i.e. the President of the Personal Data Protection Office. The Users give their personal data on the website voluntarily.
4. Protection of personal data
The Data Controller declares that it uses technical and organisational measures to protect the processing of personal data appropriately to risks and data categories and, in particular, it protects User's personal data against loss, misuse, unauthorised processing or modification. Access to personal data is only granted to persons who are authorised to process them and obliged to keep them confidential.
VI. Links to other websites